Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

So if any of you haven't already noticed my big post about breadcrumbs and that they weren't showing up, well i've got that all sorted now, just thought i\'d share this little change with you.

By default, breadcrumbs for cms pages extract the "page title" e.g. Terms & Condtions - Mywebsite.com. This looks very unprofessional, so i did same snooping in the cms page within mage and edited the code so instead of the breadcrumbs displaying the page title, they now display the content heading.

In order to do this make sure you have already been able to get the breadcrumbs working on cms pages, then go to app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Block/Page.php and find

$breadcrumbs->addCrumb('cms_page', array('label'=>$page->getTitle(), 'title'=>$page->getTitle()));

and replace it with the following

$breadcrumbs->addCrumb('cms_page', array('label'=>$page->getContentHeading(), 'title'=>$page->getTitle()));

Re-upload and that should be it, just make sure you have a content heading on the cms page :)

P.S remove the back slashes, problem with hello themes.
    Craig