Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums "How do I" questions Align add to cart

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  xeqfegzmo 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Hello,
      How can i align “Add to Cart” buttons on hellokidz? I tried something without any succes so far.Ideas?

Anonymous

Hey Sorin,

How do you want it aligned? If your site is like the demo, I suggest do the following changes to your styles.css file:

If you were thinking of something else just let me know.

Kevin

Anonymous

I’m trying to align “Add to cart ” buttons horizontally regardless of the PRODUCT NAME LENGHT and REVIEWS (if are any or not).

ps: there is a little bug in HelloKidz demo > leftnav_bottom.jpg bigger

thx for support so far

Anonymous

Anonymous

Ah, got it. This is an interesting one as I still haven’t found a tableless template platform for Magento. HT hint hint!

The best way to handle this issue altogether is to move your “Add to Cart” button above your image or right under your product title so the other features won’t affect the placement of your add-to-cart button. If you want to do this let me know and I’ll look at modifying the app/design/frontend/default/your_template/template/catalog/product/list.phtml. Perhaps I’ll get around to it in the future, but the fix below should help you in the meantime.

Set the height of the .catalog-listing h5 to fit your longest (highest) title. I’d limit the title length of any item to two lines and set it like this:

Then you’ll need to set your maximum height of your .price-box:

You might also have to adjust the height of the rating and review items, but I don’t have your template and can’t find an example in the demo to work with. I recommend you just plan which features you’re going to use and edit the CSS to limit the height of these items.

Kevin

Anonymous

Thx Kevin that helped ,i really wanna use reviews(or comments) ,a solution may be to show 0 reviews for the products that don’t have any.Any ideas how to do that?

Anonymous

When a customer submit a review, the review goes to the “Pending Reviews” (Catalog, Reviews and Ratings, Customer Reviews, Pending Reviews) section in your admin-panel. So if you don’t want to allow reviews in an specific product, simply remove it from that section.-

Anonymous

I want the reviews ,but when a product has no review ADD TO CART buttons are not aligned (see my example up ) so a simple solution may when a product has no reviews to show “0 reviews”" ,right?

Anonymous

anyone?!

Anonymous

Let’s try this:

In app/design/frontend/default/tmpl/template/catalog/product/list.phtml, go to the bottom part of the file and look for the <?php // Grid Mode ?> tag, and under this you’ll see the following code:

Replace with:

Now, if you don’t have it in your template, I suggest you copy the app/design/frontend/base/default/template/review/helper/short_summary.phtml file to app/design/frontend/default/your_template/template/review/helper/ folder because it’s a good habit to keep all override files together in your template folder, or you can just edit the file directly.

Now copy and paste this, which is the same file but with an extra div container and “no-rating” changed to “ratings”:

Now you’ll need to add the following CSS:

You might also want to add a width to that line, but I’m not sure the width of your catalog products.
      Now edit the following line in your CSS file to:

Your template is different than mine, so there might be some variation in spacing and whatnot, so send me a link and I’ll try to help as best I can. FYI, there won’t be a “0 Reviews”, there will be a “Be a first to review…” instead. Best I can do for now.

Kevin

Anonymous

Thx Kevin, your help was very usefull to understand the structure of my template . I managed to align all the buttons pretty good,it isn’t perfect but is good for now .thx again

Anonymous

Glad I could help, Sorin. If you want to e-mail your site link to get those kinks worked out, shoot me a note at kevin no-spam at woolf dot com.

Cheers!

Anonymous

please need help for hellominty aligning buttons

which file do you modify guys and in which dir is it stored

Anonymous

please need help for hellominty aligning buttons

which file do you modify guys and in which dir is it stored

Anonymous

Hi, take a look at the post of Kevin Woolf in this topic: first the file list.phtml is edited, then the style.css is edited to fit the changes.

Regards.-

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
    Reply To: Align add to cart
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">