Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums "How do I" questions Ajax Add to Cart Problem

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Paul Stanely 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Hi,

I’m using ajax add to cart, but the number of items doesn’t change in the menu bar until I refresh the page. The cart block does update the products after I add to cart using ajax. How can I solve it?

Thank you.

Anonymous

It’s now over a month. Can someone please help me solve the problem, please?

Thank you.

Anonymous

Hi, the demo (the same files you downloaded) doesn’t have that issue, could be due to some customizations you did on your theme. But you can try to disable the cache in your admin (system > configuration > cache management > select all the items and disable them.) That should solve it.-

Anonymous

Hi Guillermo,

The demo doesn’t have the problem, because you don’t use ajax add to cart (the pop window). In the demo the all page is being refreshed and you get a confirmation line at the top of the page. When I use ajax add to cart the item does show in the mini cart, but not in the top right corner where your template should show it (unless if I refresh the page).

Can you make it to work just like the mini cart?

Thank you,

Isaac

Anonymous

The JS used in ajax add to cart may conflict with the JS in the mini cart, assuming the mini cart is the hellotheme template cart and not the Magento side column cart. Which ajax add to cart extension are you using?

Kev

Anonymous

I have the same issue… I’m using ajax add to cart from aheadworks

Anonymous

The point of AJAX is to reload only select sections of a page so site visitors don’t need to refresh the entire page. What you’ll essentially need to do is get the HT cart and the Aheadworks cart to reload together, because Aheadworks ATC extension doesn’t know there is a HelloTheme extension on the page. So to put it simply, you’ll have to modify the AW script to refresh both extensions, which I’d imagine is beyond the scope of theme support.

I’ve completely disabled my HT cart and took it off my site and just use the sidebar cart and top menu cart link, which update fine using the AW ATC extension. I’ll take a look at this in the coming few days, but I’m not a JS guy so I probably won’t be able to do much. Just a heads up.

Kevin

Paul Stanely

This seems to be a compatibility issue. Please try different browser.

If issue still exists then I would recommend to use a responsive Ajax Add to Cart extension like the one developed by FME.  Add, edit or delete items from the cart without any page reload. Check the demo here:

http://www.fmeextensions.com/magento-ajax-add-to-cart.html

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    Reply To: Ajax Add to Cart Problem
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">