Hello #Magento followers! this week we want to introduces to you one of the best CSS framework, Bootstrap. Bootstrap will be included in our upcoming themes.
First of all, we want to tell in a few words what a framework is.
Framework is a real or conceptual structure intended to serve as a support or guide for the building of something that expands the structure into something useful.
It is often a layered structure indicating what kind of programs can or should be built and how they would interrelate. Some computer system frameworks also include actual programs, specially programming interfaces, or offer programming tools for using the frameworks. A framework may be for a set of functions within a system and how they interrelate; the layers of an operating system; the layers of an application subsystem; how communication should be standardized at some level of a network; and so forth. A framework is generally more comprehensive than a protocol and more prescriptive than a structure .
Now that you have an idea about what a framework is, we want to tell you what a Bootstrap is and why we chose to incorporate it into our upcoming themes
We choose bootstrap for some good reasons:
- Cross Browser: It works and looks the same way in most desktop browsers (including IE7)
- Responsive design: Bootstrap was intended not only to run on desktop but also on mobile devices like phones or tablets. Thus, It was developed keeping in mind a responsive design so that each component can adapt to different screen resolutions.
- Base styling for most HTML elements: A website has many different elements such as headings, lists, tables, buttons, forms, etc. All these fundamental HTML elements have been styled and enhanced with extensible classes.
- Adaptive components for fluid design: Basic styles for common interface components like tabs and pills, navbar, alerts, page headers, and more.
- Extensive list of components: Whether you need drop down menus, pagination or alert boxes, Bootstrap has got your covered. Styling of every single element follows a consistent theme and if you know LESS, then customizing it takes just few minutes.
Save time: Having resolved everything mentioned above (or almost), we can focus on other aspects of your application.
Now you know other good thing about our themes.
We hope you have enjoyed this article about Bootstrap!